Search Keyword

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Your Silence Tickles Me, Migin | Two Poems

March, 2014 
 


Your silence tickles me, Migin

Your silence tickles me. Those ploys

Are salve for a cowherd’s lone,

Red magic, one moment lymph-red sore

To sprout a weal of passion, loath

Trances - and two years’ glaze on corns

Peel at the touch of your eyes


Your silence tickles me.

How sole is that calm glow!

Do you tempt gods? Do winds ride

The tone of your pulse? The night’s

Cold trumpeter? A dire lapdog cast

What brings you back to me? Tell me, Migin

Your silence tickles me.
  

by that dusk...

So now the sun leaps to a death-tryst

In shredded robes, and rashes break

On every pore, heavy with dreams


So now, sadness flags on petals of wine

For lake-mists from the meadows of lone

In October dusts, and threshing in shadows


So now I saw. By that dusk I saw
 
An angel’s flare fly in seasoned loops

I saw you, pure to the fall of light...



Paintings by B. C. Okah.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely, Oyin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the price of a tickle, I shall haggle for that silence, well done Oyin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this before but they're beautiful tho. Nice writing, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I guess my anonymous reader is from The Poetrix! Any way, thanks for reading again.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful with dense imagery. I enjoyed the second more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hardly could disengage my thought,from the genetic composition of this lines.....Sir muels,a day isn't as much to sing praises to a strand of your out grown hair(hairy dairy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big talk! :) I appreciate the kind words, Mr Mmahi. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. I was left roaming amongst the white spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delight to read these pieces of strong imageries. It's been long i read from you. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a delight also to know, Madu. Thank you and enjoy your New Year reality.

      Delete
  8. When I allow the silence to tickle me, I'm half dead...

    Cool reads I've got here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Sir Jamesconco! Your comment is appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Thats was lovely Samuel,especially with those art works.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?